Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (November 7)




Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

t's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.


First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.


 

   

      Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)
   
 
 
 

Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: February 5, 2013

How could I not be excited about this?! I may be hopelessly behind in the Parasol Protectorate series, but that doesn't mean I love it any less. My only issue is the cover. Did they photoshop the models head onto the silhouette because it's both a weird angle and she's so thin! Nevertheless, I can't wait. 

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice choice. This has been on my TBR for some time. I can't believe I have to wait so long before it's released.

biochemguy said...

I've seen this one quite a bit lately. Not sure if I will read it or not though. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

The Book Rogue said...

Sounds like something that could be really awesome. Hope you enjoy once it comes out! =) Thanks a lot for sharing, here's my WoW

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for this book as well (it was my WOW pick last week).

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

Christina T said...

I loved the Parasol Protectorate series and I'm excited about this YA debut too. I'm sure it will be funny and entertaining. I think it has been positively reviewed in review magazines already. Great pick!

Gaby G said...

Sounds cool!! I didn't read the Parasol Protectorate series but I think it will be a great way to start it hehe

My WoW @ Oh My Books!

Tales of Whimsy said...

FABulous choice!

Monica said...

Love the cover and the book sounds good. my WoW

Anonymous said...

Great choice. This one's been on my TBR list for a while.

InkkReviews said...

looks great! great pick * New follower* Check Out my WoW Katie @ Inkk

Anonymous said...

A great cover and pick.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

This looks great!! Good choice. New GFC follower. :)

My WoW

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

mk said...

Really like the sound of this one and I would love to give it a try when it comes out. I hope you enjoy reading the book. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

BookInHand said...

Sounds great! On my TBR list!

Andrea said...

Great pick! This one is on my WL too!

Here's my WoW

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.