Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (September 19)




Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.


Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black

Vanessa Adler isn’t so sure she really belongs at the School of American Ballet. But dance runs in her family. It’s been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. Her grandmother and mother were prima ballerinas, and her older sister Margaret was, too. That is, until Margaret mysteriously disappeared from school three years ago. Vanessa is heir to the family’s gift and the only person who can fulfill her sister’s destiny. She has no choice.

But she never could have guessed how dangerous the school is. The infamous choreographer, Josef, isn’t just ruthless with his pupils, he guards a sinister secret, one in which the school’s dancers—prized for their beauty, grace, and discipline—become pawns in a world of dark, deadly demons. (From Goodreads)


Release Date: November 27, 2012
Published by Bloomsbury USA

12 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

O I love it and I love the cover. Stunning!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This has been on my list for awhile, too.

Dazzling Mage said...

I love ballet. It's not only elegant, but it's so mysterious and interprets emotions so beautifully.

Anyway, great pick, and I'm looking forward to this one!

Jessica @ On a book binge said...

Good pick! I hadn't heard of this one. And what a gorgeous cover! I love finding books like this I wouldn't have heard about otherwise :)

Vyki @ On The Shelf said...

Great pick! I have seen this one a couple of times. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by!

A Beautiful Madness said...

Sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of this one, but I have to say, I seem to miss a lot of Bloomsbury titles. Great pick!
Em @ A Beautiful Madness
My WOW

Jennifer said...

This sounds amazing and that cover is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing & for stopping by :)

Jennifer @ Dream Reads

Jinky said...

That's a cool dress!! Hehe...

Krista said...

This book looks so good, like a YA Black Swan. Plus that cover *faints* so beautiful. Greta pick!

Susan said...

Wow that is a super pretty cover!

Here's mine.

mk said...

The cover is wicked gorgeous but I don't like the story... I hope you enjoy it though.
Come check out my WOW post.

Savindi @ The Streetlight Reader said...

I know I'm quite late looking at this, but this is a book that I've seen been posted a bit and it sounds really cool.

The Cover is so beautiful and while I don't know too much about Ballet, even I would like to read this book.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.