Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (February 16)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap

It's 1854 and sixteen-year-old Molly would give anything to change her circumstances as a lowly servant in a posh London house. So when she hears of an opportunity to join the nurses who will be traveling with Florence Nightingale to the Crimea, she jumps at the chance. The work is grueling, the hospital conditions deplorable, and Miss Nightingale a demanding teacher. Before long, the plight of British soldiers becomes more than just a mission of mercy as Molly finds that she's falling in love with both a dashing young doctor and a soldier who has joined the army to be near her. But with the battle raging ever nearer, can Molly keep the two men she cares for from harm? A love story to savor, and a fascinating behind-the-scenes imagining of the woman who became known as "the lady with the lamp."

Published by Bloomsbury USA
Release Date: April 12, 2011

14 comments:

BLHmistress said...

OH I love books about or mentions Florence Nightingale , Gonna have to add this one to my list.

This Week's WOW

Mia said...

Awesome pick! Florence Nightingale in a historical-fic? I'll definitely need to read this! Thanks for sharing! Anyway, here's my WoW :)

Anonymous said...

This book sounds like it will be a good triangle, and since I love history the setting sounds good too! Thank you for sharing it! I'm a new blogger and follower!
My wow:
He Said/She Said

Jan von Harz said...

I am definitely wanting to read this one too. Love historical fiction and being a former nurse the subject is very appealing. Great pick!

Christina T said...

Great pick! I enjoy Susanne Dunlap's YA historical fiction. I've got this on my TBR list too.

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I'm waiting on this one, too! I can't wait to read it! All Susanne Dunlaps books just catch my interest instantly!

Check out my WOW this week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds like a great read...hope you get to enjoy it soon.

Here's MY WOW

Jen Bigheart said...

There is another book with a very similar title, an MG read. This cover is beautiful!

Sally said...

I love the cover and it sounds very interesting. Great pick.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

Jenny N. said...

Looks good and I really like the sound of the romance.

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a cool pick!

Cecelia said...

I like the historical setting, but love triangles get on my nerves. We'll have to see about this one... Nice pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW post here.

Nina said...

Another great one to add to my list. :)

Katie said...

This looks really good. I'm going to wait to read a few reviews before I put it on my TBR list, but thanks for posting about it!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.