Saturday, February 19, 2011

In My Mailbox (February 20)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. All of the synopses you see below were found on Goodreads. Here are the books I got this week...

For Review:

Betrayal (Haunting Emma 2) by Lee Nichols

Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great when she's battling the wraith-master Neos, but terrible when she's flirting with fellow ghostkeeper (and soul mate) Bennett. When ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power, and that's not something Bennett can handle. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school with fellow ghostkeeper, Natalie. When a new team of ghostkeepers arrive—one a snarky teen boy, the other a British scholar—Emma finds solace in training for the battle against Neos. But as the team grows stronger, they are threatened by an unknown force. One they thought was good.
As chilling and page-turning as Deception, this sequel will grab readers and hold them to the last page. No one is safe from suspicion as Emma closes in on the traitor.


Published by Bloomsbury USA
Release Date: March 1, 2010

Purchased:

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

10 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

Love ATU, and I loved the first Haunting Emma book!

Hope you enjoy them both :)

Dazzling Mage said...

I'm reeeally curious about the Haunting Emma series! Looking forward to your thoughts on Betrayal. Happy reading. =)

Sally said...

I haven't read the first book in the Haunting Emma series but I am thinking about getting it.
I still have to read AtU even though I got it weeks ago. So behind.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-7_20.html

Brittany said...

How great that you got Across the Universe, it was so good. Happy Reading!

Christina T said...

Fantastic books! I loved Deception and can't wait to read Betrayal. Across the Universe was amazing.I hope you enjoy your books!

Julie said...

Cool! I've giving away a copy of Betrayal. I can't wait to read it. Loved the first one! I really want to buy my own copy of Across the Universe. Here's my IMM. Happy reading :)

Jenny N. said...

ATU was great so will look out for your review of it. Hope you enjoy the books you got :)

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

I'm reading Across the Universe this week. I can't wait to get into it. I've been waiting forever. You can find my IMM here if you'd like ;) http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

Annie said...

Cool! Betrayal looks awesome... I take it it's not the 1st book? (Love 'soul mates' plotlines - L. J. Smith rocks.) Anyway, have a great week! :)

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Awesome book week! Happy Reading. Hoep you will stop by and check out My Mailbox

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.