Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (October 27)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Demonglass (Hex Hall 2) by Rachel Hawkins

Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


Published by Hyperion
Release Date: March 1, 2011 (too far away!)

18 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Hey, me too! I adore that cover! I cannot wait to see just what the heck is going on with Archer!

Straylights said...

I love that cover! I still have to read the first one though :( I am a slacker!


Check out my WoW :D

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i haven't read the first one, but i want to read them both!

Here's my WoW pick!!

June G said...

Haven't read the first one, but heard it was good and pretty comical. Thanks for the heads up about book 2.

Vee said...

I haven't read the first one, but these covers are gorgeous and the books seem intriguing.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week :)

Lacey Weatherford said...

I have sooo got to read these!! I hear they are great!! Thanks for sharing!
The Delusional Diaries

Steph said...

I've seen this one floating around. i still haven't read the first one but I really need to!! Great pick and what a great cover!

-Steph
Check out my WOW!

Kimberly said...

It must be Demon Glass day - this is the third time I've run into this book for a WOW. As I've said, I'm going to have to read Hex Hall :)

Check out my WOW here.

Kat
Wit and Sin

It's a Book Thing said...

This is the second WOW of this book I have seen...

Check our our WOW

http://itsabookthingblog.blogspot.com/

Jan von Harz said...

I am excited about this one too. Loved Hex Hall and my students have been enjoying it too. Great pick!

Leanna Elle said...

I'm looking forward to this one too. It's got a great cover!

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week!

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

I've been seeing this one everywhere today, I must check out the first book. Thanks for sharing!

http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

CHRISTIE said...

I really need to read Hex Hall! Nice pick!

Lori said...

I too should read Hex Hall before I can read this. I hope when you get your books, that you will enjoy it as much as you hope to. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

Jackie said...

I have not read the first book, the series is on my wishing to be read list though! Nice pick Lizzy, like everyone else love the cover and hope you get a copy to read!

I am reading and waiting on these this week if you want to check it out later!

jackie >_<

Jenny N. said...

Read Hex Hall not too long ago and am excited about this one too.

Tales of Whimsy said...

This is a way cool follow up cover :)

Nina said...

I can't wait for this one too. Awesome cover!

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.