Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (October 13)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This weekly meme shares the upcoming books that I'm most excited about.

Contagion by Joanne Dahme

n her fourth novel Joanne Dahme creates another page-turning tale in which a youngwoman named Rose strives to rid Philadelphia’s water of the deadly typhoid bacteria. Set in the late 19th century, Rose Dugan is a young wife who is actively involved in her community. But when her best friend is killed while working at Philadelphia’s Water Works' gardens, the mystery around her death pulls Rose in. Will she save the city from a deadly typhoid outbreak that is threatening the city’s water system? Will Rose unravel the mystery behind her best friend’s murder—a fate that was actually meant for her? (From Goodreads)

Published by Running Press
Release Date: October 5, 2010

So, technically this has already been released, but I just got a copy and am super excited about it.

19 comments:

Steph said...

looks good, I'll have to check it out! Great pick!

Here is my WOW: http://thethoughtsofabookjunky.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-witch.html

Straylights said...

Eww typhoid! hehe this sounds like an interesting read! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out


Come check out my WoW :D

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Ooh awesome! I saw this one on an arc tour site and thought it looked pretty good! Let me know what you think of it! :)

Here's my WoW.

June G said...

This sounds different. Nice cover Thanks.

Belinda said...

I've seen this around the internet but this is the first time I've actually read the blurb. Sounds like a great book :) Happy reading

Here's my WOW this week

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

This one sounds really interesting! I haven't heard about it before!!!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books

Lacey Weatherford said...

Great Wow! Sounds really iteresting! I hope you will enjoy reading it! Mine is at:
The Delusional Diaries

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, I love the cover! Nice WoW pick. =)

Jude said...

What a beautiful looking book. Sounds good and I shall be on the lookout for this one.

This is what I'm waiting on this week.

J x

Jan von Harz said...

I just got an ARC copy of this in the mail yesterday and can't wait to read it. Great pick!

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting, great pick! =)

Heather said...

This sounds really interesting, I love historically based novels!

Check my pick out HERE!

Sarah said...

this sounds really interesting! I see that you are reading firelight right now, I am too! I am really enjoying it so far.. are you?

Christy Townzen said...

Sounds really good.

Here's WOW on...



Also, enter to win a copy of Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis here.

Ragan said...

Sounds very suspenseful, which is always a plus! Hope you enjoy it!

Ragan's WOW at Location 2571

Jenny N. said...

Don't know too much about this one but from the book summary it sounds pretty good.

danya said...

This one's on my wishlist too - neat historical premise!

sablelexi said...

this one is really different from what I normally read, but I've been intrigued by it.

Check Out what I’m waiting for here.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Love this cover.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.