Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (March 8)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Borrowed (Thanks Jenn!): 

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I’ve lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn’t supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It’s been in Magnus’s family for three generations. And now the very same day his parents are coming, I’ve lost it. The very same day! Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive :) !!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins

What if the perfect match is a perfect surprise?

Honor Holland has just been unceremoniously rejected by her lifelong crush. And now — a mere three weeks later — Mr. Perfect is engaged to her best friend. But resilient, reliable Honor is going to pick herself up, dust herself off and get back out there…or she would if dating in Manningsport, New York, population 715, wasn't easier said than done.

Charming, handsome British professor Tom Barlow just wants to do right by his unofficial stepson, Charlie, but his visa is about to expire. Now Tom must either get a green card or leave the States — and leave Charlie behind.

In a moment of impulsiveness, Honor agrees to help Tom with a marriage of convenience — and make her ex jealous in the process. But juggling a fiancĂ©, hiding out from her former best friend and managing her job at the family vineyard isn't easy. And as sparks start to fly between Honor and Tom, they might discover that their pretend relationship is far too perfect to be anything but true love…





12 comments:

Bube said...

I've got your number is hilarious,amazing read! :)

Kristan Higgins - awesome author! :)

Jennie said...

Hmmm those look very familiar and like excellent picks, seeing as I happen to have read and enjoyed both ;) happy reading!

My STS

Anonymous said...

OMG! I read I've got your number on honeymoon last August. It is a brilliant, fun, laugh out loud read. I finished it in a day! I hope you love it too!

Happy Reading :)

Siiri said...

I haven't read a Sophie Kinsella book yet, but I've heard that if you're in for a fun and flirty read then this is what you should read so I hope it's good:) Thanks so much for stopping by Little Pieces of Imagination:)

The Cover Contessa said...

Enjoy your books! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa!

Anonymous said...

I adored I've Got Your Number. It was such a cute read. I hope you wind up enjoying it as much as I did!
Enjoy your lovely books this week! :)

Nick - My Haul

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

I've Got Your Number sounds really fun. I've read The Perfect Match. Kristin Higgins is one of the romance authors I read sometimes. I skim the content since I like my books clean, but I love the humor and characters. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by!

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Nice haul. I love the sound of I've Got Your Number, even though it isn't what I usually read. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

Lauren said...

I've got your number is SOOOOO good :) Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite authors, sooo funny and cute! Enjoy your books :D

Tales of Whimsy said...

I neeeeed to try this SK book again.

Reese's Reviews said...

The Perfect Match sounds absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and stopping by my blog! Hope you enjoy both of your books!

Unknown said...

Sophie writes on of the best chick lit books. British people are really experts on that genre. I haven`t read this one yet but I am planning to. Happy reading! :)

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.