Friday, May 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (May 4)


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Purchased: 



Unsinkable: A Memoir by Debbie Reynolds

Unsinkable is the definitive memoir by film legend and Hollywood icon Debbie Reynolds.


Actress, comedienne, singer, and dancer Debbie Reynolds shares the highs and lows of her life as an actress during Hollywood’s Golden Age, anecdotes about her lifelong friendship with Elizabeth Taylor and her experiences as the foremost collector of Hollywood memorabilia, and intimate details of her marriages and family life with her children, Carrie and Todd Fisher.

A story of heartbreak, hope, and survival, “America’s Sweetheart” Debbie Reynolds picks up where she left off in her first memoir, Debbie: My Life.



The Shining by Stephen King

Danny was only five years old but in the words of old Mr Halloran he was a 'shiner', aglow with psychic voltage. When his father became caretaker of an the Overlook Hotel his visions grew frighteningly out of control. 


As winter closed in and blizzards cut them off, the hotel seemed to develop a life of its own. It was meant to be empty, but who was the lady in Room 217, and who were the masked guests going up and down in the elevator? And why did the hedges shaped like animals seem so alive? 

Somewhere, somehow there was an evil force in the hotel - and that too had begun to shine...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy The Shining!

Stephanie @ Bookfever said...

I never read The Shining but it's one of those I really wanna read.
Happy Reading!

Here's my STS!

~Stephanie @ Bookfever

Unknown said...

Stephen King is THE king his stories are absolutely fantastic, I haven't read The Shining but have read others. Hope you enjoy this :D

My STS

Have a great weekend!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Debbie? Cooooooooooooooooooooool. I can't wait for your review.

Unknown said...

I bet that memoir is going to be one heck of a good read! I need to look that one up.

Here's my STS: http://anannysliterarymusings.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/stacking-the-shelves-week-in-review/

Jamie E. said...

I need to read The Shining as well. I have seen 2 versions of the movie (liked both) but it is one of the few Stephen King books that I do not have. Enjoy!
Here are my newest additions

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.