Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (May 25)

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews! It's a way to highlight the books that everyone got throughout the week.

Things have been a bit chaotic lately in my non-blog life. I just graduated with my Masters degree, and now I'm getting ready to move tomorrow (although the only thing I've packed is my books...uh oh). So, things were a bit quiet this week, but things should be back to normal soon. 

Gifted by the fabulous (amazing, awesome) Nereyda of Mostly YA Book Obsessed: 

45 Pounds by K. A. Barson (aka my most anticipated read of the summer)

Here are the numbers of Ann Galardi’s life:

She is 16.
And a size 17.
Her perfect mother is a size 6.
Her Aunt Jackie is getting married in 10 weeks, and wants Ann to be her bridesmaid.
So Ann makes up her mind: Time to lose 45 pounds (more or less) in 2 1/2 months.

Welcome to the world of informercial diet plans, wedding dance lessons, embarrassing run-ins with the cutest guy Ann’s ever seen—-and some surprises about her NOT-so-perfect mother. 

And there’s one more thing. It’s all about feeling comfortable in your own skin-—no matter how you add it up!

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

This does look good :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen this one a couple of times on others' blogs, I haven't read a review for it though. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

Happy reading!

Here's my StS: http://anannysliterarymusings.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/stacking-the-shelves-week-in-review-2/

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.