Sunday, October 4, 2009

In My Mailbox (October 4)

In my mailbox was created by Kristi of The Story Siren, who was inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. Here are the books I got this week...


(All the books I got this week were from Kristi's site Books for Grabs)

The Cupcake Queen by Heather Hepler
When her mother moves them from the city to a small town to open up a cupcake bakery, Penny's life isn't what she expected. Her father has stayed behind, and Mom isn't talking about what the future holds for their family. And then there's Charity, the girl who plays mean pranks almost daily. There are also bright spots in Hog's Hollow—like Tally, an expert in Rock Paper Scissors, and Marcus, the boy who is always running on the beach. But just when it looks as though Penny is settling in, her parents ask her to make a choice that will turn everything upside down again. A sweet novel about love, creativity, and accepting life's unexpected turns.



Devil's Kiss
by Sarwat Chadda

As the youngest and only female member of the Knights Templar, Bilquis SanGreal grew up knowing she wasn't normal. Instead of hanging out at the mall or going on dates, she spends her time training as a soldier in her order's ancient battle against the Unholy. Billi's cloistered life is blasted apart when her childhood friend, Kay, returns from Jerusalem, gorgeous and with a dangerous chip on his shoulder. He's ready to reclaim his place in Billi's life, but she's met someone new: amber-eyed Michael, who seems to understand her like no one else, effortlessly claiming a stake in her heart. But the Templars are called to duty before Billi can enjoy the pleasant new twist to her life. One of the order's ancient enemies has resurfaced, searching for a treasure that the Templars have protected for hundreds of years — a cursed mirror powerful enough to kill all of London's firstborn. To save her city from catastrophe, Billi will have to put her heart aside and make sacrifices greater than any of the Templars could have imagined.


Donut Days by Lara Zielin

Emma has a lot going on. Her best friend's not speaking to her, a boy she's known all her life is suddenly smokin' hot and in love with her, and oh yes, her evangelical minister parents may lose their church, especially if her mother keeps giving sermons saying Adam was a hermaphrodite.

But this weekend Emma's only focused on Crispy Dream, a hot new donut franchise opening in town, where Harley bikers and Frodo wannabes camp out waiting to be the first ones served. Writing the best feature story on the camp for the local paper might just win Emma a scholarship to attend a non- Christian college. But soon enough Emma finds the donut camp isn't quite the perfect escape from all her troubles at Living Word Redeemer.


I'll be trying to catch up on reviews this week, since I've fallen a bit behind (I blame an obscene amount of school work).

What books did you get?

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. I like the sound of them all. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Briana said...

Nice books!! That Donut Days makes me hungry! Same with Cupcake Queen.. yum! Enjoy reading those books! :)

-Arielle

Sara said...

All of those are on my TBR pile! :)

~The Book Pixie said...

You got some really good books. I hope you enjoy them.

~Briana

Nancy said...

Great books and I like the food theme (donuts and cupcakes) oh my! Those two read sound really cute and they are on my tbr pile. The Devil's Kiss is a good start to a series.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

woo!! DEVILS KISS!!! it looks so good, can't review 4 your review :D

I Want To Read That said...

I love the cover for Cupcake Queen! Hope you enjoy them all:)

Lauren said...

Your post has made me crave sweets! I really liked Devil's Kiss, hope you enjoy it.

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm just crazy about cupcakes so I may look into picking that one up :)

PolishOutlander said...

Every cover should have a girl holding a huge sword like in Devil's Kiss. Love it. Happy reading!

Eleni said...

Nice books, hope you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Donut Days looks good. Enjoy!!

Katie said...

I love Kristi's site. It is so helpful! (Even though I have so many books on my own pile already...) You got a lot of good ones.

Happy reading!

Alexia561 said...

Nice selection of books this week! The Devil's Kiss looks really good! And I've heard good things about The Cupcake Queen. Enjoy!

Tales of Whimsy said...

A. These covers are making me hungry.
B. I'm dying to read Donut Days.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.