Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Review: Zombie Cat by Isabel Atherton and Bethany Straker


Tiddles is a suave, carefree kitty cat whose only pleasures in life are eating mice, wooing the ladies, and being generally apathetic toward his owner, Jake. But when a toxic spill occurs outside of town, Tiddles finds himself savagely attacked by a nasty-looking radioactive field mouse, and he wakes up as one of the undead. However, he still retains a bit of compassion and refrains - for now - from zombie bacchanalian delights, such as eating living beings' brains! Umm...any brains at all!

However, Tiddles, a.k.a Zombie Cat, is decomposing rapidly and would prefer to live a normal life in the zombie apocalypse with his owner. But will Jake let in his former cuddly pet, or will ZC be doomed to roam the streets trying to avoid the inevitable pull of his undead yearnings? (From Goodreads)

Best Bits: This book is awesome! It's equal bits comedy and horror. I knew from the outset that I was going to love it. I'm a cat person, and Tiddles looks quite a bit like my first cat, Fluffy. Tiddles is a total ladies man...before his insides end up on the outside. The fact that he wants to go home to his owner (despite being hungry for brains) makes him the coolest zombie ever...That and his ability to dance like a popstar. Jake and Zombie Cat (R.I.P? Tiddles) make quite a pair, and had me shaking with laughter. 

So, if you know someone who is both cat-loving and zombie-fearing I'd suggest this hilarious adult picture book! 


It did get me thinking, would I let my cat in if he was a zombie? 


Zombie Cat: The Tale of a Decomposing Kitty
Written by Isabel Atherton
Illustrated by Bethany Straker
32 Pages
Published by Skyhorse Publishing
Received for Review
Rating: Z (for zombietastic)

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

SO funny! I've never heard of it. Fun review.

Alexia561 said...

Too funny! Love the idea of a zombie cat!

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

What a cute little book! Definitely looks like the kind of thing I'd need for a pick me up!

Aleetha said...

The cover is so cute. I'd love to see the illustration.

Copyright ©2009-2013 Cornucopia of Reviews. All Rights Reserved.